Candidate privacy notice
This Privacy Notice is addressed to individuals seeking a job at Ambience Services and have expressed an interest by applying and / or submitting their CV and any other information or supporting documents.
I. Categories of personal data processed by Ambience Services
Ambience Services informs you that it processes the personal data contained in your job application and generally any information you provide during your appraisal process. The above includes information provided through online platforms, where you submit your application for employment, by e-mail, in person for interviews and / or in any other way.
Indicatively, Ambience Services processes the following categories of your personal data:
- Your identification data: name, patronymic, date and place of birth, gender, photo, marital status data, etc.
- Your contact details: postal and e-mail address, landline, and mobile phone, etc.
- Data related to your education and skills: level and qualifications, educational institution, seminars, professional certifications, participation in educational programs, etc.
- Data related to your work experience: information about your previous work experience, letters of recommendation, etc.
- Other data that may be required for your recruitment into Ambience Services including any specific categories of personal data (e.g., health data) and / or criminal records and offenses that will be collected by you in the context of assessing your suitability for a specific job and data related to the fulfillment or not of your military obligations.
- Other information contained in your Ambience Services job applications as well as information collected in the context of your placement procedures: data related to any affiliation with Ambience Services employees as well as data related to any other professional employment you hold, or you intend to maintain.
- Information you provide to Ambience Services when contacting us by telephone or online.
- Data resulting from your browsing of the online platform through which you submit your application for employment in Ambience Services, including, inter alia, the Ambience Services website.
II. Sources from which Ambience Services collects your personal data
Ambience Services collects your data above from the following sources:
- Directly from you.
- From persons specifically authorized by you (natural or legal), including third-party employment agencies acting on your behalf.
- From your previous employers, according to the recommendations you have provided to us.
- Workable’s technology enables us to link the data you provide to us to other public information about you that you have posted online – including LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
- Workable’s technology allows us to search various public databases – some are public, and some are not, which may include your personal data (including your CV), to find potential candidates to fill our available jobs. In case we find you in this way, we will receive your personal data from these sources. We may receive your personal data from a third party, who will recommend you as a candidate for a specific job or for our business in general.
Please note that if you disclose personal data of third parties, including former employers, associates, etc. to us, you must have informed those persons of the transfer of their personal data and of their processing by Ambience Services by referring them to this Privacy Notice of Ambience Services, and you should have obtained any required consent from them.
III. Legal basis
Ambience Services processes your personal data for the purposes of evaluating your application prior to the conclusion of an employment contract, for compliance with its legal obligations, for the purposes of its overriding legal interests or those of a third party, provided that such interests do not affect your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, as well as in case of your consent. Please note that Ambience Services, in principle, does not rely on to your consent for the processing of your personal data, unless specifically required by applicable law or required by the circumstances and nature of a particular processing activity. Specifically, Ambience Services processes your personal data for:
- The assessment of your suitability for the job for which you have applied.
- To contact you as part of your appraisal evaluation process for employment.
- Improving the services of finding and evaluating candidates for recruitment in Ambience Services.
- Compliance with any obligations imposed by the applicable legal, regulatory and supervisory framework as well as the decisions of authorities (public, supervisory, prosecutorial, etc.) or courts.
- Preventing and detecting fraud, or any other illegal act against Ambience Services.
- Considering your application for other positions.
- The exercise of the legal rights of Ambience Services before a court or other authority.
- Responding to requests from any future employers for recommendations.
- To help our service providers (such as Workable, data processors) and our partners (such as the job sites you have applied for) improve their services.
Please note that once your consent has been requested and obtained, the processing of your personal data is based on this consent. In such cases you have the right to revoke your consent at any time, without, however, affecting the legality of the processing based on your consent prior to its revocation.
Please note that Ambience Services does not make decisions based solely on automated processing of personal data.
IV. Who are the recipients of your personal data
As part of the processing of your personal data, Ambience Services may forward it to the following recipients:
- To the Management, the competent departments of the Human Resources Department of Ambience Services,
- for the information that Ambience Services is entitled or obliged to disclose under the law, judicial, or regulatory decision as well as for the information the disclosure of which is absolutely necessary to satisfy the legitimate interest of Ambience Services to public, supervisory, auditing, independent, judicial, prosecutors, public and / or other authorities or bodies within the framework of their legal competences, duties and powers,
- to (natural or legal) persons to whom Ambience Services entrusts the performance of specific tasks on its behalf and who act as processors of personal data, including the providers of electronic platforms and any of their subcontractors, but also other providers of IT products and / or services and / or support of all kinds of information and electronic systems and networks, including online systems and platforms, storage companies , archiving, management and destruction of files and data, consultancy service providers
- As mentioned above, we will transfer your information to our third-party service providers, including Workable, who will use it only in accordance with our instructions and as required by law.
- Where you have applied for a job through another service provider, we may disclose to this service provider data similar to the Disclosure Data set out above. The service provider will be the data controller of such data and will therefore be responsible for complying with all applicable laws regarding the use of this data after their transfer by Us.
V. Transfer of your personal data outside the European Economic Area
Ambience Services does not directly transmit your personal data to third countries or international organizations, unless required to do so by applicable regulatory or legal framework. Where applicable, Ambience Services may transmit your personal data to third countries, provided that:
- an adequate level of protection is ensured, in accordance with the European Commission, by the third country, territory or one or more specific sectors in that third country, or
- appropriate safeguards have been provided for their processing by the recipient, in accordance with the law.
If none of the above conditions apply, the transfer may be made if:
- you have provided Ambience Services your express consent to this end, or
- the transfer is required for the execution of your contract with Ambience Services, such as for the execution of your orders, or
- the transmission is necessary for the establishment or exercise of legal claims or to defend the rights of Ambience Services, or
- there is a relevant obligation of Ambience Services under a provision of law or transnational contract. To fulfill this obligation, Ambience Services may transfer your personal data to the competent national authorities in order to be forwarded through them to the respective authorities of third countries.
VI. How long does Ambience Services keep your data
VII. What are your rights and how can you exercise them
According to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
- Right of access to your personal data, which we hold and process, as well as to information relating to their processing (data source, purposes of processing them, categories of recipients, data retention time).
- Right to rectification of your personal data, in case of any inaccurate data or in case of the need to fill in incomplete data.
- Right of objection on grounds relating to your particular situation, in case the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Ambience Services or a third party.
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute its accuracy, or the processing is illegal, or Ambience Services does not need your personal data for processing purposes, or you have exercised a right to object and the assessment of whether Ambience Services ‘s legitimate grounds prevail over your rights is pending.
- Right to delete your personal data from the records we keep.
- Right to the portability of your personal data to any other controller, provided that the processing is based on your consent or a contract and is carried out by automated means.
Please note the following in relation to your above rights:
i) Your above rights may not be satisfied, in part or in whole, if the processing or maintenance of your data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or support of Ambience Services rights or for the fulfillment of Ambience Services obligations. ii) The exercise of the right to portability (above under f) does not imply the deletion of data from the files of Ambience Services, which (deletion) is subject to the conditions of the immediately preceding paragraph. iii) The exercise of the above rights is valid for the future and does not affect the processing of data that has already been carried out.
VIII. How you can exercise your rights in Ambience Services
For the exercise of your rights, you can contact in writing via e-mail at email@example.com.
Ambience Services will make every effort to respond to your request within one month of submission. This deadline may be extended for an additional two (2) months period, if this is deemed necessary at the reasonable discretion of Ambience Services. Ambience Services will inform you in any case of extension of the deadline within one month from the submission of the request.
The above service is provided by Ambience Services free of charge. However, if the requests submitted are manifestly unfounded, excessive, or repetitive, Ambience Services may either impose a reasonable fee on the debtor, informing him or her, or refuse to respond to his / her request / requests.
IX. Data Protection Officer of Ambience Services
You can contact the Data Protection Officer of Ambience Services for issues related to the processing of your personal data at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to appeal to the Personal Data Protection Authority for issues related to the processing of your personal data. For the authority of the Authority and how to file a complaint, you can visit the website of the Personal Data Protection Authority (My Rights> File a Complaint to the Authority), where detailed information is available.
XI. Security of your personal data
Ambience Services implements appropriate technical and organizational measures for the legal collection and processing, as well as for the effective protection of your personal data from unauthorized or illegal processing, loss, alteration, accidental or unlawful destruction or damage, prohibited dissemination or access of third parties to these and any other form of unfair treatment.